Required Full-Time Primary English Teachers
Starting Working Date: April 17th, 2018
Tonkla is a private, elementary school in Chiang Mai, Thailand. We follow an academic curriculum outlined by Thailand’s Ministry of Education while conducting almost 50% of classroom activities in English. Class sizes are small, with 15-30 students per class. Teachers are given flexibility to design lesson plans and activities based on the school’s curriculum.
Starting Salary and Benefits
-Starting Salary: 30,000-45,000THB
-Aide in visa and work permit processing
-Tuition benefits for one school-age child
-Min. one year contract
– Native English Speaker – Bachelor’s Degree
– Teaching license from Western country or experience with young students, below 12 years old in a group setting preferred – Teacher with classroom experience in the subject area are preferred – Experience with curriculum development preferred
– Standard working hours: Mondays to Fridays, 07:30-16:30
– Up to 18 hours of classroom hours/week
– Perform Homeroom Teacher Tasks
– Participate in extra-curricular activities and other school events
– Develop lesson plan in accordance with the curriculum.
– Create lesson plan in consistent with school’s curriculum, evaluate students’ performance as a group and individuals to continuously improve teaching strategy.
– Teach English to students, produce grade reports, and communicate with homeroom teachers regarding student progress.
– Develop, implement and share effective teaching and learning strategies.
– Performs any other tasks as assigned by supervisors (Direct and Hierarchical).